Tuesday, June 23, 2015

FBAR deadline on June 30, 2015. Where to submit FBAR form?

A quick reminder:
FBAR deadline is just a week away - on June 30, 2015
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Taxpayers-with-Foreign-Assets-May-Have-FBAR-and-FATCA-Filing-Requirements-in-June

I have already filed mine last weekend. I put a reminder on Google calendar, on my phone, etc, to make sure that I don't miss it - and hope that all of you will remember to do the same too.

Now, even though I have previously filed (late) FBARs, I don't always remember the instructions exactly, which is why I started this blog - to serve as a diary/reminder on what needs to be done when the filing season approaches.

To submit your FBAR form, go to this site:-
http://bsaefiling.fincen.treas.gov/NoRegFBARFiler.html

If you had previously chosen the PDF version, click on the PDF icon.
Personally, I think that the PDF forms are more user-friendly when it comes to filling up detailed information that I don't remember off the top of my head (eg, bank account numbers, bank addresses, amount for each savings/checking, CD account, interest rates for each savings/checking, CD account)

**I assume that you have already prepared your FBAR form. Otherwise, there's simply not enough time together all the information needed. But, late or on time, you will still need to file your FBAR, so here are some info/blog postings about the initial steps :-

http://fbar8938.blogspot.com/2014/10/how-to-file-fbar-if-you-do-not-have-all.html

Extremely important:
While preparing the PDF version of your FBAR filing, always save an "unsigned" copy of the form in case you need to make corrections. Once you sign the form, you will not be able to edit it - and if you need to make a correction, that means having to re-type the form all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment